Ansell gloves – good choice from gardening and garage work to hair dyeing and sheep shearing
At Werkado, we are of the opinion that before offering products to customers, we should also be sure of their goodness. Until now, testing and comparisons of new products were mainly done by product managers or team members closely related to a specific brand. Now we decided to give the whole team the opportunity to try different tools and protective equipment. Why? Because the users of the products are also different:
- professionals who know how to pay attention to the right features
- hobby users who know a few certain things that they themselves are interested, but not everything
- home users who need more help choosing the right product
These are chemical-resistant disposable nitrile gloves. They are silicone- and talc-free and are mostly used in laboratories, in contact with chemicals and other liquids, in the food industry, in manufacturing, etc.
Our testers mostly decided to challenge this pair on household tasks – cleaning the house, washing dishes, gardening. But also, for example, with cosmetic activities – hair coloring, creaming.
- Product durability: 4,6
- Ease of use: 4,6
- Water resistance: 5
- Overall rating: 4,7
“Very stretchy and fits perfectly, comfortable to work.“
- Very good for washing dishes
- I thought of trying rubber gloves for gardening instead, and I was quite satisfied with the result – rubber gloves are rather thin, and the weeds were better felt between the fingers, while the gloves lasted nicely for the whole day of weeding. Even when using a stronger pesticide, no changes occurred on the surface of the glove.
- Good thicker material, very comfortable to use for housework and hands remained soft and undamaged
- Durable gloves. Since the material on the fingers is quite thick, I would rate the tactility as a 3. Very good chemical resistance (oil, fuel, acetone).
- I didn’t notice how, but I managed to break my gloves while working. I would choose something more durable for the garage.
- Your hands tend to sweat a lot.
- Very stretchy and fit perfectly, comfortable to work.
- I used these gloves when applying the sealant during the greenhouse glass replacement. Spreading the sealant with my finger, the glove broke.
- My partner used gloves when doing a deep clean. The gloves were a bit big, but she was still satisfied because the gloves lasted, did not break.
- My wife worked in the garden. One pair was enough for the whole day. Excellent protection against moisture. Good mechanical resistance.
- A great glove for everything from simple to heavy duty mechanic work. May feel a little less flexible material if you’re used to a cheaper/thinner glove, but offers much more protection and durability. In my opinion, not a disposable glove, more like a reusable one.
Summary: The gloves are very durable, even reusable if needed, and an excellent choice for situations where your hands come into contact with liquids and chemicals. The best choice for household and cleaning work. It can be used in the garden, but since the inside of the rubber glove is rather stuffy on the hand, in hot weather you could prefer something else, e.g. model Ansell HyFlex 11-840, and for more intensive work, Ansell HyFlex 11-819 ESD.
This model of nitrile gloves is especially popular in the automotive and aircraft industries, as well as in various manufacturing and working with life science. Thanks to the thin material, the fingers do not lose sensitivity. The surface is textured, which is why the glove has good grip even in wet conditions. The dark color does not show every oil stain, i.e. more aesthetic when working with lubricants.
40% of testers used this model for garage work, 20% for gardening, 20% for housework and the rest for car washing and home DIY projects.
- Product durability: 4,6
- Ease of use: 4,8
- Water resistance: 5
- Overall rating: 4,6
- I even used them several times, my hands stayed dry.
- Of course, they are not suitable for intensive garden work, but they are a very good choice for planting, sowing and working in humid conditions.
- There’s a lot of gloves in the pack and it lasts a long time, especially since they’re actually reusable.
- Even more comfortable than the green ones (Ansell TouchNTuff 92-600).
- Fits the hand very well, comfortable to work with, does not irritate the skin.
- Working longer made your hands sweat.
- Very good sensitivity/elasticity, hands did not get tired with these gloves.
- Super durability, hands stayed dry.
- I prefer thicker material gloves, a medium glove for a mechanic
- Very good glove, held up even in difficult conditions.
- I used these gloves when coating wooden boards with pine tar. I stayed protected 🙂
- I personally don’t like disposable gloves because they make my hands sweaty. But when working with oil and other lubricants, I am satisfied with the quality.
- Normally, disposable gloves tend to break on my hands pretty quickly, so I prefer regular gloves, but these held up. Lawnmower maintenance done without changing gloves 🙂
Summary: also a model of disposable gloves, but can also be used repeatedly for jobs where hygiene requirements allow. They are completely waterproof, allow you to perform tasks that require precision and are surprisingly comfortable for a rubber glove. Hands sweat when working intensively When working with sharp tools, they remain thin and it is worth choosing another model, e.g. Ansell HyFlex® 11-925. In fact, both could be present in the garage to change gloves according to the detail of the work.
These are thin nylon gloves with added spandex for a better fit and carbon fiber for connectivity (ESD). The palm and fingers are covered with foam nitrile. Dermatologically tested and also carry the OEKO-TEX® label.
The Ansell HyFlex 11-819 gloves were named the most versatile choice by our team, as they were used in gardening, hiking, housework and gardening, repairs and even animal husbandry.
- Product durability: 4,5
- Ease of use: 5
- Water resistance: N/A
- Overall rating: 5
- Super comfortable, I would give them 10 points if 5 wasn’t the maximum.
- I used it quite intensively doing several different jobs in the garden and I didn’t manage to break them.
- The perfect tool for lighter DIY projects – comfortable and breathable. But too thin for more serious work and not waterproof either.
- I really like this product, it’s super comfortable and ergonomic. The glove fits the shape of my hand perfectly. Stretches well, is durable. Especially cool that it can be used with a touch screen. A fantastic product for light jobs that require dexterity. It’s even too thin for my type of work. I prefer a slightly thicker glove (like Ansell HyFlex 11-840). But these gloves are highly recommended by me. It is suitable for most everyday light tasks.
- I think they are really durable gloves, but unfortunately I ruined them quite quickly with the wrong work technique.
- The best fit of all the gloves I tried!
- The glove allows air to pass through and the hands do not sweat even when working for a long time.
- Honestly the most comfortable glove I’ve ever used.
- We used it for painting walls, cutting parquet and general construction work, transportation. They are very comfortable and feel like a “second skin”, but with very intensive use, the surface eventually begins to peel off.
- Excellent breathability, hands do not sweat during indoor work. Also good sensitivity. I recommend them in dry conditions, for example in warehouses (pick&pack process), for lighter construction and renovation work.
- A great glove for lighter jobs. Breathability is great, especially when working in the garden in the summer. Also great tactility. Also convenient for use in the garage, but in the case of oily or simply very greasy work, the liquid penetrates the material and the hand gets dirty. Since they are thin (cover and material), they won’t last very long in the garage.
Summary: Reusable and extremely comfortable all-purpose work gloves. They are suitable for almost all daily tasks and fit well on both smaller and larger hands perfectly. Not waterproof (like Ansell TouchNTuff 92-600, Ansell Microflex 93-852 and Ansell HyFlex® 11-925) and even thicker consistency liquids will eventually come through. For long-term intensive work, you could also prefer rather Ansell HyFlex 11-840.
They have very similar characteristics to the previous model, but are slightly thicker and more resistant to friction. Also used nylon with added elastane for a better fit and carbon fiber for durability. To ensure moisture resistance, both the palm and fingers are covered with foam nitrile, and this model also carries the OEKO-TEX® label.
Once again, the testers did gardening and various repairs in the country house, but were also used in the garage, hiking and, for example, oiling the terrace in spring.
- Product durability: 4,2
- Ease of use: 4,75
- Water resistance: N/A
- Overall rating: 4,6
- I still got my hands wet in the end, but I probably should have chosen rubber gloves or Ansell HyFlex 11-925 for this job.
- A rare combination – comfortable, but durable.
- It was convenient to weed, the nails remained clean
- This product is my overall favorite. Just the right thickness (15G) for my work. It is stretchy, but not too much. Fits my hand size and shape. Breathes well. You don’t feel the glove in your hand, so it’s really ergonomic. There were no signs of wear on the nitrile foam coating. One thing this glove lacks is a touchscreen option. But it worked moderately on my screen (probably due to the screen technology itself). Absolutely recommended by me!
- My husband used these gloves when oiling the patio. Convenience and appearance are good, very convenient to put on, etc. They ended up getting a little wet, but that was natural due to the nature of this job.
- Very durable glove!
- My hands did not get tired at all, comfortable gloves!
- Very good ratio of comfort and durability. But the upper material on the Ansell HyFlex 11-918 model is more comfortable.
- Very comfortable, but not suitable for my work, because my hands were oily and I couldn’t save the gloves. It would be ideal to use in the garden. I planted balcony plants with them and then I was satisfied.
- I did demolition work in the house, I carried both bricks and wood, they were comfortable and my hands didn’t get irritated.
- While taking a rest break, I took the gloves off and when I wanted to put them back on later, the rib broke slightly.
- Good glove, but only for dry use. Liquids quickly penetrate the nitrile foam and the gloves then become useless and uncomfortable.
Summary: The testers’ overall favorite model that received the most positive feedback for various tasks. The gloves fit the shape of the hand extremely well, and despite their elastic and soft appearance, they have excellent durability.
This is a model of safety gloves, which is knitted from a mixture of nylon and elastane, covered first with a moisture-proof layer, and then with reinforced nitrile foam on the fingers and palm.
They are well suited for use in various industries (e.g. assembling and disassembling equipment), in the warehouse and logistics sector, in waste plants and in other areas where the hand needs extra protection and there is a risk of injury.
The product was used for gardening, garage, hiking, and summer house maintenance.
- Product durability: 5
- Ease of use: 3,7
- Water resistance: 5
- Overall rating: 5
- Quite thick and clumsy to work.
- Not very comfortable, but very good for wet work.
- Since I used it in the summer, it was very hot and my hands started sweating immediately. Just the wrong time of year.
- They last so long that they need more frequent washing.
- I would buy it for wet work, but definitely not in dry conditions.
- I used it for dirty work, more specifically oiling work in garage. Otherwise, I wouldn’t use it, certainly not for smaller and cleaner jobs, because the tactility is a bit lacking. But if you are deep in “s…”, then the best choice.
- Gloves were used in the garden, watering, planting. The quality is very good, the gloves were in perfect condition after several hours of work.
- Summer doesn’t seem to be the best time of year to test this model. It’s also obvious that I wasn’t able to take full advantage of the gloves – I was working in dry conditions, even though this model is designed for wet conditions. I am waiting for the right time to put this model to the maximum test.
- We used it both when repairing the bicycle and when cleaning the garage, and we really like this product. The hand sweats inside, but this is inevitable with a waterproof glove.
- Unfortunately, I was unable to test these gloves in oily conditions, but I will in the future. I would compare these gloves to the Uvex Phynomic PRO, which are better in terms of fit and breathability.
- Very comfortable, even small pebbles can be felt under the finger. I liked that my hand didn’t sweat and at the same time it stayed dry and clean.
Summary: A waterproof model that protects the user even when exposed to heavy dirt or very dirty liquids. Received very different extremes of feedback, as in many cases it was used in circumstances not suitable for a specific model. It is not particularly stretchy/elastic and does not adapt to the shape of the hand, so when working with smaller details, our suggestion is to prefer the model Ansell Microflex 93-852. When working for a long time or during the summer, hands sweat, and if there is no direct contact with liquids, we recommend choosing the Ansell HyFlex 11-840 model.
Summary of Werkado
As a result of this test, we first learned that the Werkado team consists of very busy and resourceful people with interesting hobbies and personal construction or restoration projects. Our overall favorite is the model Ansell HyFlex 11-840, because these gloves can be used almost anywhere where you don’t need water resistant or safety gloves.
It could also be added that all models can be used for many different activities, however, there is one model for every job that fits best and makes work enjoyable.
As we like to say – there is the right tool for every job!